Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Reflection week 13

1. What was the most important thing you learned this week?
You can improve something all the time, but it is important to understand that there is a time to draw the line. I'm kind of perfectionist sometimes and I can see the mistakes and want to improve them. We can't do it for ever ;)

2. What was particularly interesting/boring in this week?
We finished our course design and this was interesting. Unfortunally only 2 of us had the strength to carry out all the course more-or-less on time, but I'm glad that Robert joined us eventually.

3. Was there something you didn’t quite understand and want to know more about it?
This time no :)

4. What kind of questions/ideas/experiences this week’s activities raised for you?
How to improve our course. What are the weaknesses right now and what should we do.
but well: we don't do with our course anything anymore :) I'm glad this is over :)

5. Which tools did you use this week, explain what was the purpose of using these tools
MSN - to communicate with my friends, MS Word - to write reflections, blog - to post reflection, Wikispaces - to reorganise our space. Skype also.

6. With whom did you communicate during this week, how many times, with which tools, and for what purposes?
Jasna to discuss/synchronise our activities.
-----------------

Feedback for group1

I have observed your work from the beginning and first I would like to congratulate you: nice work!

So just few comments what you might consider:
It would be great if you could specify what can students expect from facilitators? What kind of activities or feedback and when.

Your structure of course web page is good, but seems a little statical/boring. Just something 'extra' - a picture or joke could do the job. One recommendation: just look at the pages through eyes of the students and try to make it more student-friendly.

About schedule: 10 weeks seems a long time (for every iteration 2 weeks). I just wonder whether students will remain motivated. Maybe you don’t need 10 weeks for this subject?

And a little about evaluation: there was one question I did not understand: "Evaluate the quality of the overall concrete arraingements of the course". Perhaps you can specify that? This was the reason why I did not answer to this question.
The second thing is that I did not understand were you want me to put my free feedback? As in evaluation-page says " post free comments on the discussion area of this page for evaluating our groups course prototype" I tried to do that (leave free comments on the discussion area), but failed many times.

No comments: